HIGH POINT, N.C. – The American Home Furnishings Alliance has developed a new website designed to educate consumers about buying and caring for furniture.
The site, www.findyourfurniture.com, offers general information about furniture styles and products and provides room-by-room checklists and general shopping tips. It also offers direct links to AHFA member companies’ sites and categorizes the manufacturers by products, style and price.
Other elements of the new site include the following:
- Furniture Finder – Allows consumers to browse and search for specific manufacturers and home furnishings, by product, style, room and price.
- Style Finder – Educates consumers on the five most popular furniture styles.
- Ask Jackie – Provides valuable advice from one of today’s top furniture experts, Jackie Hirschhaut of the AHFA. Consumers can view previously asked questions or can submit a question for Jackie to answer.
- Trend Watch – Features the latest home furnishings trends and where to find them.
- Shopping Tips – Provides checklists for consumers to take on their shopping excursions, including tips for the dining room, living room and bedroom.
- Care and Safety – Teaches consumers how to best care for their indoor and outdoor furniture as well as using furniture in the safest way possible at home.
"We are delighted to offer this exceptional tool for consumers shopping for new furniture, or just interested in furniture," said Hirschhaut. "There is no other resource that provides such comprehensive information on decorating styles and manufacturers. Additionally, this site provides immediate gratification by connecting consumers directly to manufacturers’ sites, which ultimately leads them to local stores that carry the products."
Click here to visit www.findyourfurniture.com!
The American Home Furnishings Alliance is headquartered in High Point, N.C. – the furniture capital of the world – and represents more than 200 leading U.S. furniture manufacturers and 250 suppliers to the industry.